In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Penobscot Marine Museum

Main Street, Saco, ca. 1910

Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
MMN Item 25753 Item Details
Main Street, Saco, ca. 1910
MMN Item 25753 Zoom

Description

Main Street in Saco in about 1910. The Odd Fellows Hall, third from the right, was built in 1896 from designs by the noted Portland architect John Calvin Stevens.

To the left of the hall is the Saco House of 1837, a hotel which burned on December 9, 1912. The remains of the Saco House were rebuilt with a flat roof to house the Atkinson Furniture Company.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.